Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Journey with Hezekiah's Double ACL Surgeries

Let me begin by saying I can't wait until 2013 comes to an end.  This year has been a very challenging year for me and my family.  I would go into detail but I fail to recall the detail because I know Satan was the one behind it all.  Let me say, deception comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes.  The Cash family was caught off guard this past year.

At the end of 2012, Carley and I took a trip to mid Georgia to pick up this cute Corgi puppy, Hezekiah.


He has grown into this dog that can express himself very clearly.


On December 12, 2013, Hezekiah blew out his right ACL.  We had plans to leave December 26th to head to NC for a much needed get away.  Some family members were going to go to an UNC basketball game while others were planning to do some after Christmas shopping.  We took Hezekiah to the vet the they confined it was an ACL but we should still go on our vacation and Hezekiah would be fine.  We made plans to have some friends stay with the dogs and cat and off we would go.  Christmas Eve day, Hezekiah blew the other ACL.  Tough decisions had to be made.  Do we all stay or does someone stay home?  I made the decision I would stay home while the rest of the family heads to NC the day after Christmas.  David and Colton together at the Dean Dome for the first time ever.  How could they possibly give that up?  There was no way I would let this moment in time escape because of a dog.  

Yesterday, December the 27th Hezekiah had the 1st surgery and today I picked him up.  This is what Hezekiah has accomplish so far.


I have taken him out twice and nothing has happened.  He has eaten and taken drugs for me along with the great snacks I use to get him to take the medication he needs.  This may be his common pose for the next 5 days.  My goal is to journal my journey so if someone else every has to walk this road, they will be able to be prepared of what is to come.  I have done loads of research and talked to a good friend who has already walked this road.  

Until the next entry....peace out.




No comments: