Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Have You Been To Sonic Today?

One never knows what will happen when visiting Sonic. It seems most of the time we visit Sonic we come out with a story to tell. Is it Sonic or us? I am guessing it is more likely us and not the employees of Sonic even though they occasionally give us a good laugh or two.

This particular day was quite interesting for Colton, Carley and I. I like to surprise my children every now and then with a treat like getting an ice cream at Sonic for no apparent reason. This time I did have a reason, the ice cream cones were fifty cents a cone. What a bargain for cheap people like me. I usually go through the drive-thru at any fast food place, but this time I was getting ice cream so I nixed the idea of driving and eating an ice cream cone at the same time. I don't eat ice cream that often and I wanted to enjoy every tongue licking moment there was to enjoy. I chose to park under the large awnings they have for those who choose to park and order.

Every family has to have one person in the family that has to be difficult at some time or another when ordering food. We all share in this activity. I have one that won't eat nothing but plain hamburgers, and another one that has never really liked ice cream in a cone. We won't even list the difficulties of the parents. Here we are ready to order ice cream. I tell the nice young girl I would like two ice cream cones and one plain ice cream cone with no cone but place the ice cream in a cup. I am not sure how that got translated from the speaker I spoke into to her head piece but this is what we got. Two ice cream cones with ice cream and an ice cream cone with ice cream in a cup.


I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that Sonic to listen to how they came up with this brilliant idea of putting the ice cream cone in the cup. I hope the girl who brought us our ice cream didn't hear out hysterical laughs as she walked away. This is one of the many stories we have at Sonic. Do you have any to share? It doesn't have to be a Sonic story it can be any restaurant story including your own home.

Until next time.....

3 comments:

Val said...

Oh my goodness Terrie! Lol!!! Only YOU!!! I do think that it's more your family than the employees at Sonic though. Thanks for the laugh! I know I can always count on you for that!

Tom and Connie said...

I think these kind of "happenings" seem to follow Colton!!

Jen said...

hahaha thanks for the laugh as I procrastinate writing my paper. :)