Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A New Christmas Tree This Year

The Lord is always at work blessing His people and even those who don't know Him. This year I am truly blessed in so many ways and one is the opportunity to try out a pre-lit Christmas tree before I purchase it. How often does that happen? To make a long story very short, a friend of mine bought this tree last year thinking they would use it in their front yard. I asked if I could try out this 9-ft pre-lit tree in my home this year. One to see how the tree would look in my home and the other is to see if I even liked pre-lit tree. This is the story of this pre-lit tree.



This is the corner we cleared out to place the tree in. There is my beloved husband, David, reading the directions. (did you get that, reading the directions!)



Is this not the most pitiful display of tree branches. I thought if this is it, I I'll pass on pre-lit trees. I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I did not realize we would have to fluff the branches. I was having a pre-senior moment. By the way, the directions said it would take 20 minutes to assemble. Assemble, yes, fluff tree limbs, I don't think so!


Second row placed on the tree and fluffed. Looking good if I say so myself.


The final row and top placed on the Christmas tree. I think it looks great for a pre-lit tree. I didn't have to place one set of lights on the tree. What a blessing!

I will show the final decorations in another blog.

Blessings to all,




No comments: