Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ending the Birthday Week with a Girl's Weekend


I guessed it on the mark; my friend's gift came today. I can safely say I celebrated getting old all week long. Michelle sent me this beautiful watch that has watch bands that can be interchanged to match the clothes I wear from day to day.

Last night Carley, our friend Donna, and I went to dinner at Chili's and then to see Hotel for Dogs. The food is always good at Chili's. I ordered one of their new guiltless items, the grilled buffalo chicken sandwich. If you ever order the same sandwich, make sure you have plenty of water to drink. The movie was pretty good. I am not sure if I would have like it as much as I did if I had to pay to get into the movies. Colton working at a movie theater helps me enjoy movies much more than paying for them. I am not sure I would love or even like a movie that I had to pay $8.50. There was twist in the movie that made me choke up and shed a tear or two.


Today it was about Carley and me. The two of us went to see the movie New In Town, a total chic flick. There were a few men that endured the movie for their wife or girlfriends. What shocked me the most about the movie was the one word that was mentioned in the credits of all places. I don't understand why it was necessary to add the word at all, especially at the end.

From the movies, Carley and I decided to do some shopping at Publix's and Kohls. My dear sweet mother-in-law, Connie, introduced me to Snyder's Restaurant Style Tortilla chips while my family was visiting in North Carolina this past summer. I failed to ask my in-laws to bring me some of those chips when they came for Colton's performance, The Christmas Carol. After returning to North Carolina, Connie sent me an empty bag of chips so I could go around to the different grocery stores and beg for the grocer to order the tortilla chips. I have a hero, he is the grocer at Publix. He keeps those chips stalked for us Weight Watcher junkies. Carley and I went to Publix to get the tortilla chips, Alternative Bagels, and beef marrow bones for our dogs.

We were so close to Kohls that we had to go to see what was on sale and I had a 15% coupon off of my entire purchase. We love that store. I won't say how much I spent, but I did come out with some awesome deals! From Kohls I had a coupon for the Marble Slab. (Just call me the coupon queen). Carley got her normal chocolate with a Reeses Cup mixed in with the chocolate ice cream. I, trying to be good on Weight Watchers, got vanilla frozen yogurt with blueberries mixed into it. Later Carley and I shared our traditional subway sandwich. Now we are just relaxing and counting the hours until David comes home. It will be at least a few days before I blog again. Colton's birthday is a week from tomorrow and we have to get ready for his birthday.

Speaking of Colton, I want to share his latest creation with you. Enjoy...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaaawww that sounds SO fun. :)
Tell the fam hello for me!