Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Must Have A CrazyFamily

Today was a very special day because it is my 45th (did I really type that LARGE number?) birthday today. I decided that this is really the true new year for me verses January 1st. So like so many middle age American's at the beginning of the year I to began my new beginning by going to the gym with Carley.


As Carley and I arrived home from the gym, we discovered that David had come home early to spend time with us since he is leaving for Chicago. After we did what all people do after returning from the gym, we ate lunch and did some schooling. Being the great guy David is, he suggested that we go out and do something which usually translates into shopping. He is leaving tomorrow and needed a book to read on the airplane. Carley had pre-bought David Ted Decker's book Kiss around Christmas from the Family Christian Bookstore. FCB had sent me a 50% off coupon any one item, sale or non-sale item for my birthday. What better place to go shopping than the Family Christian Bookstore. Off we went, all of us, David, Colton, Carley and myself. I have had my eye on the ESV Study Bible for several months. Low and behold, the Bible was on sale for $53.00. Can you guess what I bought?

I consider this gift from the Lord. The Bible is normally $75.00 and I got it for $26.

Here are some pictures of some other nice gifts from my family. Some you may have already read about.

You may recognize the pink notebook that I just love so much and use everyday.

I am not sure if you can tell this is a digital photo frame, but this is what it is.

Colton and Carley gave me this much needed gift certificate. My mom gave me a gift certificate from the Back Rub store. David being gone, I see pampering on the horizon.

After all the shopping, I couldn't wait to get home to break into my new Bible. After Carley and I ate one of these,
I began working on the Bible Study that I am currently working on with many other ladies that come to my home on Wednesday night.


As I was studying with my new Bible in hand, I came across a verse that just spoke volumes to me. I did what any other die hard Bible study person does, I highlighted and underlined. Here it is, the documentation of my first highlight in my new Bible that I hadn't had for more than two hours.


After doing some studying and David going over some Algebra, we went out to dinner to one of my favorite Mexican restaurant. Nothing like salsa and chips for one's birthday. Having a soon to be 18 yr old, good thing it was an all you can eat night. Just in case any of you are wondering, I stuck to my favorite, taco salad. This taco salad was not point friendly. After we ate, we decided to take pictures of ourselves. This activity naturally leads us into entertaining the staff and patrons of the restaurant. Too bad we couldn't collect an entertaining fee. Here are just a few of the pictures that were taken.

Not bad considering Carley just poke the camera out there and said smile.

Want to guess who took this one? It isn't the person who is missing.

The same person took this one and managed to get Colton in the picture.

At this point we were sure we needed a new photographer. Can you tell we were laughing very hard at ourselves.


Carley and I laughing and smiling at ourselves.

Not sure what happened to David. I think Carley is trying to send him a message about him leaving for Chicago.

I will leave you this picture. After our impromptu photo shoot, this is the one we ended with so I will end with it too. Over all, turning 45 has been great. I got to spend it with the craziest bunch of people in the world, the ones I love more than life itself. I hope everyone has people who love them as much as these three people love me. Thanks family, I love you soooooo much!

Blessings to all!



No comments: