Monday, January 5, 2009

A Night with the Halls--January 1

There is no better way to begin a new year than to eat your first evening meal with good friends. The Halls invited us over to their home for some fantastic chicken and dumplings. I intended to take a picture before we dug the last drop out of the pan, but I was a little to late. Here is a great picture of what a small amount left in the pan looks like. I am telling you, this was the best chicken and dumplings I have had outside of what my mom makes.


Any of my Weight Watchers friends, please don't ask me the point value, I don't know.


After we ate, we went into their living room and opened some Christmas gifts. My pictures didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I am sure their daughter is quite happy about that. Later, Karen insisted on baking her famous cookies. Oh my word, can we say there is nothing Weight Watcher friendly about these cookies. All my WW friends, I haven't ate one of these sinful cookies yet. Noticed I said yet. Another friend of ours who love these cookies as much as I do told me to freeze them and I could have them later after I reach my goal weight. This should be enough to motivate me to get back on track and reach my goal weight.

On the pan ready to be baked.
Cookie ready to be eaten.

This is Davis, aka Dennis the Mennis, an inspiring artist. I took a picture of the last cookie on the cookie rack and caught Davis in the act of being Davis. He is a really great kid that has one HUGE imagination.

We had a wonderful time with our friends as we usually do. The Halls are never short of making people laugh with their hilarious stories of life. One goal this year is going to be spend more time with friends. Until I post again, enjoy life and laugh often.


No comments: