Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Years plus 5 days!

Wow, I can't believe it is already 5 days in the new year and I haven't blogged yet. I can say we have been busy and I have been relaxing some. I think I am allowed to relax every now and then. At least three times a year. David tells me I am allotted one, maybe two, sick days a year so I can relax a few days a year too. I have been thinking about what goals I will have for 2009 and I have jotted down a few, but that is for my own personal growth, not for the world to see. This way if I fail at the goals, no one can come back and tell me.

An update on Flat Dawg Notes.

Flat Dawg Notes has added another band member, Vincent. Want to guess which one is he? Vincent is not always available for tour, so they just perform with out him.

Check out those fancy moves of the bass and electric guitar players. Don't you wish you could play like them?


What did you do for New Years? We went to a church wide celebration on a fellow members ranch. I think it was a ranch. There were cows, horses, and a few other farm animals that I could not tell what they were in the dark. There was more food there than anyone can imagine. I was beginning to wonder if they were feeding the US army and not just our little church. Carley tasted venison chili for the first time. Bless her heart, she had her hopes up that it would taste great. Even with all the salt and pepper she placed in her bowl of chili, it didn't help the taste of the chili.

The church praise band had set up and played many praise and worship songs. The Lloyds made this huge bon fire for us very cold nature people. On Christmas day the temperature was 70 degrees. New Years Eve night, 32 degrees. David and I stayed near the fire while Carley socialized with her friends. Some of you may be wondering where Colton was this evening. He stayed home due to having a bad day at work. While we were there, the lead guitar player asked Carley to play two songs while he played the acoustic guitar. This made Carley's night not to mention her mom and dad's night too. David and I managed to pry ourselves from the heat of the fire to see Carley play. She did an awesome job. David and I left, we decided we were too old and cold to be out in that kind of weather. Carley rang in the new year with friends from church, Colton stayed home, and David and I were sleeping as the clock struck midnight.


Hope you and your family had a safe and wonderful Happy New Year!



No comments: