Monday, January 19, 2009

What a weekend!

I am siting here at the computer reflecting over this pat weekend. In some ways the weekend is one huge blur, but in other areas I think I remember bits and pieces of the weekend. I just want to comment on the man of the year first. His name is David Cash and he spent his entire weekend with 8, yes I wrote e-i-g-h-t, females this weekend. The coolest part, he survived it. Does he not need to be praised for just a moment? What man would ever think to endure such an adventure?

You may be asking yourself right now, "Why were there so many females in the Cash home?" I am so glad you are asking. This weekend we had the joy and privilege of hosting five high school girls along with their counselor for Disciple Now (DN). The theme for DN was manhood and womanhood. Pretty deep stuff that I wished someone had taken the time to tell me a few things about guys. Maybe I wouldn't have made some of the mistakes I did in my younger years and earlier in my marriage.

Along with the group of girls we had, we also had a friend of ours stay with us this weekend until she left this morning to go to Pensacola Christain College.

The Lord moved in the hearts of these young high school girls this weekend. One girl, Jessica, came to the saving grace of salvation through Jesus Christ. Nothing could thrill David and I more knowing that the Lord met her right here in our home and Jessica's eyes were opened to her need for Jesus.

I am leaving you with some pictures and a little commentary so you will understand what the pictures mean. Until I post again, which I hope is soon. I have a cool story to share. Another story of my earthly prince charming.


These are the young ladies of DN. Caitlin, the girls' counslor in the second one from the left.

This is Carley's room with four extra girls in the room. Two girls slept in the bed. Carley slept on a twin air mattress with the dark blue sheets next to the bed. One girl slept on a queen size air mattress that is loaded down with a blue sleeping bag. The last girl slept on a twin air mattress that is near the window. Can we say wall to wall air mattresses.



Here the girls are in their sessions learning about manhood and womanhood.

Peace out!

No comments: